Is Snapchat a camera? “Not the kind with a flashbulb and a lens cap. It’s a new kind of camera that’s connected to your friends and the world. Over 180 million people use it every day to talk, play, learn — and take some pictures, too.” -Snapchat
It’s an app with loads of FUN for everyone! Go to your app store, search for Snapchat, and download the app.
- Open the app
- Tap “Sign Up”
- Add your first and last name
- Tap “Sign Up,” add your birthday, and username, and then tap continue
- Add a password
- Next, add your email or phone number
- The ghost icon at the top will give you options to add friends
- Tap the circle at the bottom for a picture or hold the circle for a video
- Towards the top, you have three icons
- Sticky Note icon = Stickers
- T icon = Text
- Pencil icon = Drawing (The arrow will delete a drawing)
- Swipe left or right to scroll through the different options for filters
- Time icon at the bottom lets you choose how long a picture will appear when sent
- Ready to send? Tap the blue arrow at the bottom
- Select the friend or friends you want to send it to
- Or select “My Story” and all your friends will be able to see it
- On the homepage, you can learn more by tapping on the gear icon on the top right side
- Using the facial filters, make sure the camera is on you, press and hold the screen to have a grid cover your face.
- Now you can swipe through the different filters and have some fun!
- GG loves this feature and we have many examples of these filters below
For additional help, check out the video below from TechBoomers!