GoodGrandma℠ welcomes Grandma Amy to the beautiful world of Grand-parenting. Grandma Amy is the mother of four and one adorable granddaughter. Grandma Amy was nervous when she learned she would be a grandma. Not so much taking on the role of grandma, but more so her daughter becoming a mother. However, her daughter is an amazing mother, and Grandma Amy couldn’t be happier.
To say Grandma Amy loves holidays is an understatement. She goes all out to celebrate. We have a few of the major productions she has created for her sweet family.
- Birthdays ~ Birthdays are a big deal in their home. One birthday, in particular, was a medieval theme party, along with a medieval quest. The decorations, food, and music fit the theme and created a fantastic celebration. 🎂
- Christmas ~ It’s never too early to start decorating. Grandma Amy decorates the entire house. She loves having her home a place family can enjoy, no matter the holiday. 🎄
- Halloween ~ Grandma Amy decorates for Halloween almost as much, if not more than Christmas. She has a haunted house and spooky vintage decorations. 🎃
Grandma Amy wants to make the moments count, as well as creating an unforgettable atmosphere. Did we happen to mention she decorates for the holidays? For Grandma Amy, it’s essential to create a magical place for her granddaughter and future grandchildren.
Grandma Amy also told us of a tradition her children’s grandma has with her grandchildren. She has one-on-one “Grandma Interviews” with each of her grandchildren. How sweet is that? She learns about their likes and dislikes, asks about their schooling and activities, and has developed long-lasting relationships with her grandchildren through their interviews. GoodGrandma loves this IDEA!
Okay, every Grandma has their strengths and weaknesses. As Papa Rich has mentioned before, our site is a guilt-free site. Take what you want and leave the rest; no one can do it all. GG Spotlights are intended to be a place to share IDEAS, as well as give shout outs and praises to remarkable ladies. Grandma Amy is no exception to being a remarkable lady! She is a self-published author! Yep! Grandma Amy has written a book! Not any book, but one that is sure to be a best-seller! She knows her underwater topic well, having grown up near the ocean in Seattle. Besides, she is a fantastic writer.
Atner by A.M. Sasse is available on Kindle. GoodGrandma read Part 1 and cannot wait for Part 2 and Part 3! Here’s a few little snippets about A.M. Sasse’s new book, without giving too much away.
- Fiction ~ Young Adult Novel 📖
- This book is full of adventure, mystery, romance, as well as an understanding of one’s inner strengths and weaknesses.
- Our main character, Andrew Ducat, can breathe underwater! 🌊
- Although fiction, Atner is inspired by real events in the Flannan Isles of Scotland, with a lighthouse keeper mystery.
- The sea has a voice and strength we don’t understand, and need to learn from.
- Our author introduces new creatures and life forms who add to the already over 700,000 species in the ocean. 🐠
- Oh, and get this, some proceeds of her book go back to protecting our oceans!
Grandma Amy has always loved writing. In addition to writing a novel, A.M. Sasse enjoys writing sonnets and poetry. Writing is her creative outlet. She has also written a children’s book. Our favorite IDEA she shares is the poetry she has written for her granddaughter. How darling is that?
Grandma Amy hopes her children and grandchildren will treasure her writings, appreciate her love for life, and learn by her example of the importance of kindness. Thank you, Grandma Amy, for letting us spotlight you, and your new book. We hope GoodGrandmas everywhere will check out Atner and share it with their grandchildren. 👵🏻🧡💡
#GoodGrandma #GivingGrandmasGoodIdeas #ReasonToCelebrate #GrandParenting #GoodGrandmaSpotlight #GuiltFree #GrandmaAmy #Decorations #Magical #MakingMoments #GrandmaInterviews #ATNER #Author #SelfPublished #Scotland #FlannanIsles #Lighthouse #Mystery #AMSasse